The benefits of implementing Lean Manufacturing can affect a company in industrial, commercial and financial terms.
What would be the result of your company doubling or tripling productivity?
Delivery times would be cut significantly, while reducing inventory at the same time. You would cut rejects by half. You can achieve near 100% reliable delivery times. You could achieve a 60% increase in machine availability with no additional investment.
What would this mean to your customers, employees and shareholders?
The result of Lean Manufacturing is becoming a Lean Company; an organization that combines flexible production and the ability to respond to rapid fluctuations in demand. Lean Manufacturing allows Lean Companies to respond competitively to individual customer needs, not matter how complex they may be.
With IPS and the Ecoflex coated pipe and joint system, the benefits of Lean Manufacturing are discovered.
Industrial Benefits of Lean:
- Less investment for same level of production.
- Increased production at constant investment
- Reduces waste; Less transport, moving, waiting, space and physical waste
- Improved quality; Reductions in defects and rework
Commercial Benefits of Lean:
- Improved customer service; Production in phase with customer demand
- Improved productivity; Reduction of delivery times
- Greater customer satisfaction
Financial Benefits of Lean:
- Reduction of circulating assets (stock and in-process materials)
- Reduction of capital used, increased cash-in-hand
- Improved return on investment (ROI)
- These additional resources can be assigned to more strategic objectives (research, marketing, sales, etc.) than the financing of additional stock, in-process materials and over-sized plants.
IPS Material Handling Inc was established in 2006 and specializes in custom material handling solutions for Lean Manufacturing. Our Ecoflex products, a modular pipe and joint system, are used to create custom flow racks, material handling carts, work stations and more.
For more information, to request a quote or to set up an in-house assessment, please contact us.